As America's first summer resort Wolfeboro offers a wealth of activities and a vibrant food and beverage scene with small breweries, distilleries and farms offering a taste of our little piece of New Hampshire.
Explore Wolfeboro, NHExperience The Many Local Attractions & Things To Do
Ten Cool Things To Do (Within 40 Minutes of Wolfeboro)
- Visit the birthplace of H.H. Holmes (born Herman Mudgett), one of the most prolific American serial killers. Gilmanton, 33 minutes
- Visit actor Claude Rains' grave at Red Hill Cemetery. Moultonborough, 38 minutes.
- Visit the Libby Museum to see the personal collection of dentist Henry Forest Libby, which includes taxidermy, mummified hands and other oddities. Wolfeboro, 5 minutes.
- Go on a tour of New Hampshire Mushroom Company, Sundays at noon. Tamworth, 39 minutes.
- Visit the tasting room at Tamworth Distilling and Mercantile, Friday-Sunday from noon to 5:30pm. Tamworth, 38 minutes.
- Visit the American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot, the world's largest arcade and site of much of the drama in King of Kong. Laconia, 41 minutes.
- Visit Moore Farm Country Store, where you'll find fresh and locally raised meats, dairy, produce, herbs, honey, maple syrup and more! Alton, 21 minutes.
- Go horseback riding at High Meadows Farms. Wolfeboro (summer), 15 minutes. Moultonborough (winter), 23 minutes.
- Visit Kimball Castle, the 1890s mansion of Benjamin Ames Kimball, a railroad executive. Vacant for decades and listed on Haunted Places, the property and its five buildings are held by the town in hopes of future restoration. Gilford, 34 minutes.
- Visit Sap House Meadery, tours on Saturdays at noon (reserve a spot), tastings available limited hours Wednesday-Sunday. Ossipee, 24 minutes.
Castle in the Clouds
Historic mansion tours, Lucknow Brewery and Castle Springs water tours. Hiking, snack bar, horseback riding and gift shop. Spectacular views of Lake Winnipesaukee. Fun for the entire family.
Address: Route 28 North, Wolfeboro, NH
Address: Clark Rd., Wolfeboro, NH
Address: Forest Rd., Wolfeboro, NH
wentworth state park
Address: Route 109, Wolfeboro, NH.
NEW HAMPSHIRE BOAT MUSEUM
Enjoy an educational and entertaining walk through the history of a wonderful era on the beautiful lakes of New Hampshire. The museum features an array of vintage boats from canoes to speedboats.
Located in Wolfeboro, the Wright Museum is a non-profit educational institution dedicated to recognizing and honoring the contributions and enduring legacy of WWII-era Americans. The museum is open from May 1st to October 31st. The museum offers a lecture series, permanent and special exhibits. A 2020 expansion will include art gallery space.
Invisible App Zone